Educators get outside at outdoor, experiential workshop
On October 25, CBEEN partnered with the Rocky Mountain Place-based Learning Network – a local chapter of EEPSA – to host outdoor teacher Matthias Starzner, in facilitating the Cross-curricular Outdoor, Experiential Teaching and Learning Workshop.
22 educators took part, increasing their capacity as educators with current research, tried and tested activities, including:
- Cross-curricular links, STEAM projects, core competencies, career education and ADST
- Discussions of social, emotional and community building
- Discovery of lessons shaped with collaboration and team work in mind
- Considering Indigenous ways of knowing/storytelling assessment.
- Learn about “Design Slams”
Here are a few links which Matthias shared in the workshop:
- SFU Indigenous Math Videos: https://www.sfu.ca/mathcatcher/StoriesMovies.html
- Project Zero (Harvard Design Thinking): http://www.pz.harvard.edu/
- Not Impossible Labs (Design Thinking…the CEO is a little over the top, but really inspiring stories): https://www.notimpossible.com/