Indigenous Learning Resources
Here is a list of resources that have been recommended by our Indigenous advisors, members and partners as a way for you to deepen your understanding and move forward the Calls to Action set out by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
- Watch this short video of a song which was written, recorded and filmed with students from Sk’elep School of Excellence in Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc, Kamloops, British Columbia.
- Review the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- Reflect on the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Watch videos of Residential School Survivor Stories
- Learn more about Indigenous Knowledge and Perspectives in the BC K-12 Curriculum
- Read Challenging Racist British Columbia – 150 Years and Counting
- Explore Native Land Maps which highlight First Nations in your area
- Attend the Indigenous Speaker Series hosted by the College of the Rockies
- Join the conversation on Braiding Ktunaxa knowledge into learning
- Listen to the Ktunaxa Story of Lightning, Thunder, Fox, and Coyote
- Read Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants
- Use First Voices to enhance your learning of local Indigenous languages
- Attend the Embracing the Shift webinar on June 17
- Be part of the Bringing the Salmon Home efforts
- Discover Indigenous organizations in your area
- Book an Indigenous Wild Voices Program for your class
- Read The Importance of Indigenous Perspectives in Children’s Environmental Inquiry
- Tune in to our virtual workshop recording with Natural Curiosity
- Use the Pacific Northwest Plant Cards and the Ktunaxa Ethnobotany Handbook to support your teaching and learning
- Practice using the Climate Change Policy and Indigenous Relations activity in your teaching
- Participate in National Indigenous Peoples Day events happening in your community
We know this is far from an exhaustive list, and we invite you to share other great Indigenous learning resources with us as we continue on this shared journey towards a better future together.