Members receive the following benefits:
- NEW: 10% member discount on all orders at our Outdoor Learning Store
- 20% discount on Green Teacher subscriptions (at time of renewing membership)
- 1-Stop-Shop: When you join/renew your CBEEN membership, you can also join EEPSA, subscribe to Green Teacher at a discounted rate, and sign up for both the KBEE Take Me Outside for Learning Challenge and the Canadian Take Me Outside for Learning Challenge
- Ability to contact other CBEEN members through our online member map
- Access to up to $400/year through our Professional Development Bursary Program
- Access to up to $1000/year through our Workshop Bursary Program
- Access to our unique Online Searchable Grant Database
- K-12 teacher members receive a complimentary Wild Voices for Kids program. Up to 200 complimentary programs are available annually on a first-come, first serve basis. Unlimited programs are available at subsidized rates.
- Reduced fees at many of our workshops, courses and events.
- Ability to become a Wild Voices for Kids Community Educator (and receive an honorarium for your time)
- Opportunities for your programs and events to be shared out through our communication channels
- Voting rights at our AGM and status as a member of our Society
- Eligible to be elected to CBEEN’s Board of Directors
- And of course the knowledge that you are supporting environmental stewardship & sustainability while connecting to a community of hundreds of educators across the region, and beyond!
Members, as well as our larger network, will also enjoy:
- Access to CBEEN’s Social Media channels;
- Access to CBEEN’s job & volunteer board and grant opportunities page;
- Ability to receive CBEEN’s monthly eNewsletter.
Membership in CBEEN is only $25 and is available for individuals who have an interest in environmental education and are ordinarily residents in the Canadian Columbia Basin region. This membership is effective August 1 and expires July 31 annually.
As a member of CBEEN we appreciate the active role you play to improve environmental education in your community and across our region. This Member Handbook is intended to provide you with some background information and resources.