Professional Development (Pro-D) Bursary Program
- We have allocated our Bursary Program funds for the 2019-2020 school year
- You can now apply for support for the 2020-2021 school year
- Unless otherwise stated, workshops and courses on our workshops page are not eligible for bursary support as we are already subsidizing the cost of these
This program is offered with the support of Columbia Basin Trust in order to increase the capacity of educators in our region to deliver excellent environmental education (EE). Through this program we also aim to increase the capacity of other CBEEN members to deliver EE through the sharing of new information, resources, or skills gained through participation in Pro-D activities.
Please note that because the Columbia Basin Trust supports CBEEN’s initiatives, this bursary is not available for attendance at any of CBEEN’s professional development opportunities or pro-d opportunities that CBEEN sponsors through our Workshop Bursary program. Also, please note that educators who are already receiving Columbia Basin Trust funding to attend the pro-d event are not eligible to receive a bursary.
- Applicants must be a member of CBEEN. Not a member? Click here to join CBEEN now.
- Applicants must be actively engaged in environmental education in the Canadian Columbia Basin (click here for map).
- Each bursary recipient will be awarded up to a maximum of $400.00. No applicant may receive more than $250.00 in bursary support each fiscal year (October 1 – September 30). All bursary claims must be received by September 30. Bursaries are non-transferable.
- Application forms must be submitted a minimum (1) month prior to your Pro-D Activity and will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application within one month of receiving their application. All decisions are final.
- Bursaries can be spent on the environmental education professional development opportunity of your choice, but the focus should be on developing your capacity to deliver EE upon your return to the Basin.
- If your employer requires you to have this specific training or certification as part of your job, you are not eligible to apply.
- Bursaries must be spent on necessary expenses directly associated with attending the pro-d event (registration fees, travel expenses, accommodation, food, etc.). Mileage can be claimed in accordance with CBEEN’s mileage rates. Breakfast can be claimed at $11, Lunch can be claimed at $12.50 and Supper can be claimed at $22.00)
- Within one (1) month of the pro-d event, recipients must electronically submit a one-page written report along with two photos of themselves from the workshop/conference that can be shared with our network. Bursaries will only be awarded in arrears, upon presentation of receipts and report, and up to the maximum amount awarded.
- Recipients are invited to share what they learn at CBEEN’s Annual Gathering.