CBEEN 2015-2016 Professional Development
Pro-D Bursary Program
This program is offered with the support of Columbia Basin Trust in order to increase the capacity of educators in our region to deliver excellent environmental education (EE).
Through this program we also aim to increase the capacity of other CBEEN members to deliver EE through the sharing of new information, resources, or skills gained through participation in Pro-D activities.
- Applicants must be a member of CBEEN. Not a member? Click here to join CBEEN now.
- Applicants must be actively engaged in environmental education in the Canadian Columbia Basin (click here for map).
- Each bursary recipient will be awarded up to a maximum of $500.00. No applicant may receive more than $500 in bursary support each fiscal year (October 1 – September 30). All bursary claims must be received by September 30. Bursaries are non-transferable.
- Application forms must be submitted a minimum (1) month prior to your Pro-D Activity and will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application within one month of receiving their application. All decisions are final.
- Bursaries can be spent on the environmental education professional development opportunity of your choice (anywhere in the world), but the focus should be on developing your capacity to deliver EE upon your return to the Basin.
- Bursaries must be spent on necessary expenses directly associated with attending the pro-d event (registration fees, travel expenses, accommodation, food, etc.). Mileage can be claimed at $0.30/km, Breakfast can be claimed at $11, Lunch can be claimed at $12.50 and Supper can be claimed at $22.00.
- Within one (1) month of the pro-d event, recipients must electronically submit a one-page written report along with two photos of themselves from the workshop/conference that can be shared with our network. Bursaries will only be awarded in arrears, upon presentation of receipts and report, and up to the maximum amount awarded.
- Recipients are required to share what they learn either in person (at an event or workshop) or online (through an online story or webinar).
- Since the funding for this program is made possible by Columbia Basin Trust (CBT), and CBT supports CBEEN’s initiatives, the Pro-D Bursary Program does not support attendance at any of CBEEN’s professional development opportunities.