Cross Curricular Outdoor, Experiential Teaching and Learning Workshop
Sunday, February 9, 9:00am – 3:00pm, Columbia Room, West Kootenay Teacher Education Program (WKTEP) Building, Nelson
This workshop is sold out
Increase your capacity as an environmental educator with current research, tried and tested activities and the opportunity to network with and learn from your colleagues. We will spend the morning at the WKTEP classroom and then carpool out to a nearby outdoor setting in the afternoon. Please bring your own snacks, drinks and lunch, and dress to enjoy time outdoors.
This professional development opportunity will focus on cross-curricular, outdoor, experiential teaching and learning. You will:
- Focus on cross-curricular links, STEAM projects, core competencies, career education and ADST
- Discuss social, emotional and community building
- Discover and hone lessons shaped with collaboration and team work in mind
- Consider Indigenous ways of knowing/storytelling assessment.
- Leave with tangible “do tomorrow” type activities
- Learn about “Design Slams”