Canadian Institute for Clean Growth and Climate Change Research Assistant (Canadian Columbia Basin)
Position: Research Assistant – Fall Internship
Organization: Canadian Institute for Clean Growth and Climate Change
Location: anywhere in Canada (home office)
About the Institute
The Canadian Institute for Climate Choices was established to provide an integrated, evidence-based perspective on the climate policy choices ahead as Canada works to address and adapt to climate change. We are doing this by developing rigorous, independent, non-partisan research, analysis and insight, and engaging with partners and stakeholders every step of the way to ensure our advice is practical and relevant for decision makers and Canadians. Learn more about the Institute’s work here.
We are seeking a motivated and responsible individual that is currently enrolled in a Canadian postsecondary program or has recently graduated. The Research Assistant will assist the Institute in producing rigorous research and evidence-based insights on climate change policies for Canada. The Institute is dedicated to providing constructive professional experience for emerging climate policy leaders and learning from the diverse experiences and perspective of Canadian youth. To support these objectives, the Research Assistant will work with the Adaptation, Clean Growth, and Mitigation research teams to analyze data, review literature, and evaluate policies. Specific tasks the Research Assistant may undertake include conducting literature reviews, develop case studies, assisting with report writing, and data analysis.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience analyzing climate change associated policies and a broad knowledge of climate change issues across Canada
- Strong written communication skills demonstrated through coursework, contributions to reports, and inter-organization communications
- Record of effectively managing independent projects and competing deadlines through work experience and academic studies
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Passion about adaptation, clean growth, or mitigation policy and issues, with interest in pursuing a related career
- Experience using excel to analyze and visualize data, with additional skills in quantitative analysis considered an asset
- High proficiency in French and English is considered a strong asset
For more information visit https://www.goodwork.ca/jobs/climate-change-adaptation-and-mitigation-policy-research-jobs-57116
Send one PDF file including a cover letter and resume outlining your interest and qualifications to email@example.com by end of day Friday, 14 August 2020.