Support to host a Professional Development Workshop
Do you need support to host a professional development workshop in your community? We can help! Pro-D Workshop Bursaries provide financial support for you to do this. We can also help you to develop promotional information and an online registration form.
Please note that applications are now closed for the 2017-2018 School Year. We are now accepting applications for workshops in the 2018-2019 school year. You can click here for a list of workshops currently on offer.
- Applicants must be a member of CBEEN. Not a member? Click here to join CBEEN now.
- We can award up to a maximum of $1000.00/workshop which can be put towards presenter/facilitator fees, workshop resources, food and venue.
- Workshops we support will be able to use our registration system, and will be posted online here: https://cbeen.ca/workshops
- We require that a minimum of 1/3 of the workshops spots be made available for CBEEN members across the region.
- We request that workshops have a minimum of 10 attendees.
- All CBEEN members will be able to receive slightly discounted rates to the workshops.
- We have a 10 administration fee/registration to cover base expenses (online payment transaction fees, bookkeeping fees, and support/administration).
- We will provide you with a CBEEN banner than we request you display at the workshop, and we ask that you mention CBEEN’s support at the workshop. If possible, one of our board members or staff will attend and be able to say a few words of welcome on behalf of CBEEN.
- Pro-d workshops that are already receiving funding from Columbia Basin Trust funding are not eligible for this bursary.
- Application forms must be submitted a minimum of 2 months prior to your Pro-D Workshop and will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application within 2 weeks of receiving their application. All decisions are final.
- We have provided a list of suggested pro-d workshops here: https://cbeen.ca/book-a-workshop. Please note this list is not exhaustive and we welcome applications to host other workshops.
- Bursaries must be spent on necessary expenses directly associated with hosting the workshop. These can include venue costs, food for participants, materials, supplies and workshop facilitator fees.
- Within one (1) month of the pro-d workshop taking place, a Bursary Claim Form must be submitted. https://cbeen.ca/workshop-bursary-claim
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions!